Thursday, July 16, 2009

Red


"Blood-red
blooming
in my soul
spreading,
wide and strong,
stretching,
reaching,
searching for
release
into the world."

This is a page from my upcoming circle journal project with Kelly Snelling. I cannot wait for this exchange to get underway but in the meantime, I am creating a few pages to start my journal off on its journey. I am working on raw canvas, gessoing the pages before painting, and then creating whatever images come to mind. Paradoxically, I am purposely trying to work spontaneously, without my usual amount of pre-project planning and pondering. A large red flower flashed into my head and off I went!

5 comments:

  1. Michelle, this is stunning in its simplicity. Gorgeous page. Love that it's on "raw canvas" too. Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, your art is blowing me away! Every time I come visit your blog I take a deep breath when I see what you have here! Thank you for sharing. I've been watching you and Kelly and I think this project will be amazing!
    I know you are busy, but I just made my first ATC's ...I know they are kinda sad looking, but if you could take a minute to pop by my post and leave a few constuctive comments, I would be more than grateful!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are absolutely sttuning: the image and the poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to follow you simply loving the colors!!!
    Happy Arting!!
    Brittany
    http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these new pages! they are so excellent. that flower makes me want to holler. yes! i hit a speed bump with some medical stuff then i was sad and got a kitten to be less sad. so that was another bump. now my brother is here. BUT, i have a spread started and will work on it this weekend. i have art therapy next thursday and am going to show the journal to my teacher as project for the group. but a much smaller format. then i'm putting it straight into the mail to YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...