Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Red, Black & White All Over

"The process of soul-making begins with the realization that I am lost..."

Beginning tomorrow, the theme over at Three Muses is "Word Salad" and I must say that many of my journal entries fit this challenge as I am overly fond of the ransom note look and found word poetry. In fact, I am so enamored (or shall we say obsessed) with using this in my journals, I have organized all my clipped letters in individual envelopes by letter and my clipped words by parts of speech. Crazy, yes, but a tremendous time-saver. Just pop in to the "S" verbs and viola! Text for this page from my red and black journal!

Why, you may ask, a journal completely in red, black, greys, cream, and white? Well, everything I do is typically dripping in color so I thought perhaps it is important to have a place where I couldn't hide behind my palette, a destination where I can lay everything bare, literally and figuratively. It is actually refreshing to work in this journal...no fussy color families to consider...just pure story-telling with image and word. For more from this journal, see my Flickr site.

12 comments:

  1. Michelle, I am so inspired by you....this is sooo incredible, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this idea of no hiding allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...with the realization that I am lost...I'd say you're pretty good at posting your own sign-posts;I get no sense of panic with your pasted girl- a pragmatist, like she-of-Oz...intriguing idea here; to have one of your journals go against your natural inclinations...and your'e already on "S"...impressive!Thanks for the look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page, Michelle. I'm headed for your Flickr page to see the rest. Your concept of clipping letters leaves me speechless. I'm usually going through a stack of magazines clipping letter by letter for one page. How nice to be so organized! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Michelle this is absolutely stunning. Brilliant work. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work and I like all the explanations too!!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, your artwork is stunning. I love your "Word Salad" which is so perfect for the theme. Standing ovation from me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous...what a beautiful presentation for this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful that red really makes the page pop out. wow I wish i could be that organised with my words/letters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful take on the theme. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your journals are so wonderfully executed I love every page you share with us. This one is no exception AND I'm so impressed with your organisation skills. Bravo my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...