Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Neighborhood Under Construction

Some serious construction is underway at Hand & Soul Studios as I work towards an October art show entitled "Facades." I've completed 12 of these little houses mounted on 5 by 5-inch stretched canvases along with 2, 10 by 30-inch night 'scapes, one 15 by 30-inch red, black and white town scene, and one countryside scene. Whew! It isn't nearly enough but I'm pluggin' along, "building" up my inventory one house at a time. The show venue is huge and I may actually hang two completely different shows at this one...just depends on how much art I can crank out. I'm almost finished with the work for a September/October show entitled "Soul Terrain." I have another show to hang in November/December and I'm calling that one "A Post-Fusion Retrospective" as it is at my physical therapists' office...again another huge venue. Luckily, I'll be able to use any work from the first two shows that doesn't sell as well as any other art I've completed since my wrist fusion in March of 2008.

In between show stuff, I'm researching artists and creating samples for my classes starting in September when the new school year kicks off. Oh, and I'm hosting two major swaps AND trying to write/produce an online art journaling class that will go live in January! I think I'm going to need stock in a coffee company! How did I ever get this busy?! Thank you for all of your sweet comments and dedicated following of this thing I call my art life! Things are about to get crazy, ladies and gents!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds incredibly exciting Michelle, and motivating!! I am so happy for your success, and I'm sure you will pull it all off, and I'll be looking forward to watching it! I'm VERY interested in your online journaling class, please be sure to keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-Hoo! You GO, Girl! I've strapped on my seatbelt, and I'm along for the glorious ride! Enjoy the journey, Michelle, and take time to breathe along the way!

    Love these little houses. I can just imagine the impact of the entire, colorful neighborhood! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how things sort of all sneak up at once isn't it? Remember to enjoy the process, doing what you love is a great thing and I'm so happy to read that things are going your way. Enjoy the ride Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...