Monday, July 6, 2009

Faith


Feeling restless in the studio...I'm all over the place, playing around in different journals, working on a painting here and there, trying to unearth my focus. I have a ton of stuff to do in the next two months and it feels like time is slipping through my fingers. Where has the year gone? On top of everything, my 40th birthday is looming. Talk about time slipping away...hmmm...is this what a mid-life crisis feels like? I am super-duper excited about all I have going on and coming up, no question about that. Maybe it is just the amount of stuff that I have on my plate. I am used to being this busy but sometimes I forget to breathe and to have faith that everything will fall into place. Faith...oooh...that's the toughest part. That's the part where I let go and let destiny take over after all my hard work. Oy! Letting go! That's pretty tough too. Ok, maybe it is just this life thing in general that is hard but all in all, I seem to do alright. "Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark." I'm the little bird, heart and soul bursting with song. And, metaphorically at least, it's dark here...not pitch black...but hazy, foggy, unclear. Time to let those songs loose and trust in the simple fact that the sun will rise.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Michelle! There should be a Sisterhood of Those Seeking Focus! At this stage of my life, I thought I'd have it all figured out. I'm STILL looking for directions or a purple sign with green and orange polka dots that gives a huge clue!

    Take time to enjoy the journey, and don't forget to breathe and laugh! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    PS - This piece is SO appropriate! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...