Friday, June 12, 2009

Poor Sweet Mona























Do you hear that noise? Sort of like tree branches scratching a window? That's actually da Vinci rolling over in his grave after my rather irreverant altering of his quintessential masterpiece. Sorry Leo, but I couldn't help it. This idea grabbed me and wouldn't let go. Surely you know what that's like. Had to see it through to the end. I know pointy hats are all the rage, maybe even overdone, but sometimes an artist has to do what an artist has to do. Yet another page from my ongoing commonplace project. I actually haven't worked on it in a while; I tend to work in fevered fits and starts with plenty of cooling off periods in between. Hopefully, I'll find my passion for this journal again as my list of favorite quotes to illustrate isn't getting any shorter.

9 comments:

  1. this is fab.

    (cant wait to see more over at Suziblu)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say "Bah Humbug" to all the hat and wing haters! :-) If it works it works!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mona is just wonderful! Believe it or not, there's a new challenge site "The Three Muses Challenge" that started this week and their first theme is altered Monas! Coincidence, I think not!!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. B E A U T I F U L and I love all the journal goodness below too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page. Love the small touches and there is so much humor in that proverb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic page, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle I love your sense of humour your Mona is such fun and brilliantly quirky.

    Thanks so much for joining in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whether or not you created this for our challenge, we're adopting it! It's inspired, and such a fun page. I love the quirkiness of it....but then I've been a fan of your work for some time. Hope you visit us this Wednesday for our "doors" challenge.

    Bev, from http://thethreemuseschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...