Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Not a Moment Too Soon

I'm usually fairly critical of my own work (aren't we all?) but this is one of those journal pages that came together in a way that made even my normally chatty inner critic fall silent. Love when that happens! The figure is from a painting called Sapphires (c. 1877) by Albert Joseph Moore. I, of course, added the swallowtail wings and the lotus, which was clipped from the cover of a Coldwater Creek catalog. The journaling drifting around the woman's figure reads: "...not a moment too soon I stop to breathe, to take in the sights, to appreciate the world, glorious both above my head and beneath my feet...not a moment too soon I pause living to enjoy life, to discover wonders..."

5 comments:

  1. While this piece of art is lovely, it is your journaling that plays a gentle chord with me.

    jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. great colours and design, love that page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have every right to feel great! This is so amazing! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your writing and your visuals are a pleasure for the eyes and soul.They make me wonder will I ever start the journal I have been longing to create for sooo long?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...