Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mr. Peacock is Complete

OK, the picture is a little dark around the edges and the iridescent paint caught and held the light from the flash but this is as good as I could get...this is a rather large painting for me - 2 feet by 3 feet - but yay! I managed to finish it! It features a popular quote from Rumi - "Let the beauty you love be what you do." I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it other than adorn my walls. Most pieces need to live with me for a bit anyway before I can send them out into the world. I've been doing quite a few bird paintings (see my Etsy shop) and I'm tossing around a show concept called "Souls in Flight." My show venue in October is large enough to accomodate two separate shows should I choose to go that route but oy! The canvas! I need to buy stock in a stretched canvas company, I swear. Guess I'd better decide soon as the fall seems to be coming up fast!

2 comments:

  1. OoooooH! I could definitely see a "flock" of your beautiful birds on a gallery wall! It would be a striking exhibit, Michelle!

    Love this guy and what he represents. Thank you so much for all of your lovely and gracious comments when you blog visit. You really know how to make me smile!

    Hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Terri :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this piece of art!
    The colours are wonderful and it has such a happy feel to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...