Friday, June 26, 2009

Little Ladies, Big Thoughts

Those Suzi Blu inspired doll faces that I posted about yesterday have transformed into a new art series I'm calling "Little Ladies, Big Thoughts." I decided to channel my inner girly girl for a spell and as I worked, these bitty babies were born. After finishing drawing and coloring the heads, I started digging through my paper collection to find just the right outfit for each gal. Once the dresses and bodies were complete, these ladies spoke right up and let me know what was on their minds. I have faithfully recorded these pithy ponderings next to each girl on a 6 by 12-inch canvas board. Ready to lean up on a shelf or picture easel, these works are now available at my Etsy shop, with more to follow.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you're calling these pretty little ones, "Bitty Babies"! They're may be small, but it looks like they have big attitudes! Fabulous, Michelle! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are WONDERFUL!!
    jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these faces are wonderful! I love this new series and hope to see more in the future. : D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...