Monday, June 29, 2009

Journal CPR

This page is a great example of how to rescue a page if things go terribly wrong. However, before I reveal the big oops!, let me preface this blog blather by saying that if you don't point out the mistake, chances are very, very good that no one will ever know that your art was on the verge of a meltdown.

That said, I realize that it can be useful to other journalers to see how journal CPR is performed. It's "C" for cover up (and calm down), "P" for plan again and "R" for redo. In this case, the tan paint underneath the words is covering up my first (and failed) attempt to write out the quote...in Sharpie no less. I simply ran out of space and it wasn't a quote that I could shorten or edit (I've done that before as well). So, I covered up my flopped handwriting, planned to rewrite the quote on paper I could layer in and redid the writing. Viola! A little CPR and a page successfully rescued!

3 comments:

  1. You know I love this page, Michelle, and I LOVE the way you've shared your successful CPR story. OMG! It happens to all of us. Usually, at the end of a piece of course, I just want to 'tweek' something. Ummmm . . . that's when disaster strikes!

    Bravo for a very successful and wonderful edit! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy I discovered your blog through The Three Muses! Your work is wonderful and I really identify with it. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...