Friday, June 26, 2009

Etsy Egret

New to my Etsy shop is this original mixed media piece on a 6 by 12-inch canvas board. I've had this painting for a while now and am finally deciding that I can part with it. Does that ever happen to you? You make something and then can't let it go? Well, this little egret has declared that she is ready to leave the nest and that I must let her fly off into the world if it is destined to be. This is one of my first experiments with molding paste and I used it to create the texture for her body. Also one of my first experiments with Golden's fluid acrylics...I think I fell in love here with the colors and consistency of those paints!

3 comments:

  1. I am stunned by the beauty and grace of your painting. We have egrets that live in the local marshlands and you captured their exquisite poise and strength.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...