Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Bicycle Built for One


Another entry in my looseleaf journal that I began in the stencil class...simple and to the point. I, personally, like these short and sweet entries. As it is a popular trend in art journaling, there are some who tire of the single-word exhortations to action: dream, laugh, believe, play and so on. People love to chafe against the trendy (and that's a good thing.) But I have plenty of journal space devoted to my deeper inner ramblings and many times I need just an ever so brief reminder of the important things in life. I remind myself often because, well, I need a lot of reminders. And when I'm feeling verbose, there's a place for that too. Perhaps people forget that art journaling can be more about the art than the journaling and to each his own and all that jazz. Here's my mission for the day, summed up in a single sylable and spoken with a single breath - PLAY! Not a bad idea, if I do say so myself...

1 comment:

  1. PLAY really works, and its very simplicity makes it a stand out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...