Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stuffie Love


I've been uber-busy as of late, teaching 40 middle and high school squirrels how to sew their very own stuffed monsters. That's 40...all at once! Whew! I come home and literally fall into bed with my shoes on, snoring, I think, before I even hit the pillow. In the next couple of weeks, the students will be traveling with their stuffies, taking photographs along the way, documenting all they experience through the eyes of the creature they made. I am so proud of the kids as they have worked very hard to turn their two-dimensional ideas into three-dimensional reality. This photo shows some of the stuffies I made as examples to show the class. I wanted to take photos of the students' work but they took those babies home as soon as the last stitch fell into place.

3 comments:

Kelly Snelling_Soulhumming.typepad.com said...

these are all So Much Fun, michelle! i had to teach some kindergartners how to draw a seahorse today. it wasn't nearly as bad as i thought it would be. the teacher asked me right as it was time to do it so i didn't have time to overthink or worry as i might have. but 40 kids...and sewing! hoooo! congratulations on that accomplishment, friend! you should be proud of yourself!

Catherine said...

Love your stuffies idea Michelle,you are such an inspiring teacher!I wish I could be there,amongst the kids,taking your class...But the sewing part?I did a birthday party once where I had to sew for 9 girls,aarrgg,never again.But I am seriously reconsidering after imagining how much fun the children must have had with this project.Thanks for sharing!

Mija said...

These are excellent! I've had an idea for kids to create their inner monsters in stuffy form but have not thought it through completely. Did you have them hand stitch them all? 40 kids, what an accomplishment! Sounds like it was fun all the way around.

Thanx for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...