Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Stars in Her Hair {EDM day 6}


"She had stars in her hair and hope in her heart..."

I've been working on this little lady for the last few days...realistic human faces and figures still prove to be quite a challenge for me and I don't think that even if I was really good at painting faces that I would use them all that much in my work. I tend to gravitate towards the bit funky and downright Zetti. However, I like to push my way outside of my comfort zone every now and again, just so I can expand the confines of my artistic box.

2 comments:

Karla Rosendall said...

LOVE the purple hair. Did you use a stencil for this background, or did you paint the swirls. I'm a big swirlie fan too...lol
K

Kelly Snelling_Soulhumming.typepad.com said...

i just love her. purple hair is a good thing. :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...