Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Fortune Teller's Quiltie


I sat down last night, finally feeling recharged after a couple of exhausting teaching sessions last week, pulled out some serendipity papers and the sewing machine and started to play. Ahhh...there's nothing like simply fooling around in the studio...no goal, no plan, no deadline. I think I even whistled while I worked. This piece came together fast and it was oh, so fun. Love, love, love making art quilties even as my poor machine chunka, chunka, chunkas through the papers. Add some trim, some polymer clay accents, some sequins, beads, and an ATC I made back in 2005, and viola! Can't wait to make another...

5 comments:

lee said...

Is that quiltie made only of paper, it is beautiful

Pilar said...

Michelle, this is really wonderful! I love your use of color, texture, substrates and embellishments in this piece. I know what you mean chunkachunkachunka via machine. I find I am constantly changing needles when working with anything but fabric.

Mija said...

It's gorgeous Michelle! You've inspired me yet again.

bockel24 said...

so many nice details to explore!

Karen Campbell said...

This is so beautiful, Michelle ... and I just adore the colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...