Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What a Hoot

I'm still wandering all over the place in the studio but there is a definitely common thread running through the eclectic mix of work: PLAY! Little bit of this, little bit of that, just doing whatever tickles my fancy in the moment...finished this piece a couple days back...a canvas just for me but also a test case for a couple of new series that are brewing in my brain...

Here's a close-up of my three little owls who now stand watch over my art-making...

The moon is a photograph that I glazed over to incorporate into my background, the tree limb is formed from molding paste, and the owls are separate painted pieces I attached once everything else was complete. The Chinese symbol in the lower right corner means "moon." Lot of work but way too much fun! It is great to see some of my cartooning come to life.

5 comments:

  1. Love the colour combination and the middle owl´s eyebrows ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your owls are wonderful,Michelle! This is a great mixed media piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am really enjoying seeing your cartoons take on this new life. i didn't know you did cartooning so i am especially happy to be able to view them. this piece is wonderful. what a great trio of color and personality the owls have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE, Michelle!! This is so much fun! Love the moon and your pretty little owls :)
    Hugs,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  5. what vibrant characters they are Michelle! in color and personality. they make me smile, BIG!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...