Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hip Deep in Canvas

I have a show to hang on February 1st and I am feverishly trying to make forward progress on this project. Here's a shot of some of the canvases I'm stepping around in the studio. Some are complete...some have the background dyed but not yet stencilled or sealed...on others, the backgrounds are finished and sealed, waiting for the imagery to be drawn and painted...some have the imagery sketched but are not yet painted. Off to the side, out of the picture frame, are more canvases. Some are fresh out of the wrapping and white as new snow; the rest have the initial layer of collage and are waiting for me to add the Japanese paper on top so it can be dyed. It gets a little crazy trying to keep it all straight. I'm in a push right now to get all the unfinished canvases to a point where the backgrounds are complete and sealed. Then, all I have to do is draw and paint, moving from one to another. Once the paintings are really, really complete, I'll add sawtooth hangers to the back, type, print & mount the display cards, write & print out my artist statement and make up a master price list. Whew! The up side is that I'll be really ready to just sit and rest once I have the surgery mid-February.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...