Tuesday, June 5, 2007

High Society, Here I Come! (Again)

Un-BE-lievable! The saga of my festering foot continues. Apparently an internal (dissolvable) stitch has decided unilaterally that it won't go away and my body has decided that in that case, it must worm its way up and out of my body right through the most tender part of my scar. My podiatrist gave me a week of Epsom soaking, whirlpools and general wishful thinking to get whatever it is to the surface so it can be nabbed with tweezers. Otherwise...sharp objects will become involved. What's up with this?!?!? In this journal entry, Sancho de Storkmonte expresses my attempt to "reframe" this entire affair.

Since my hands are in comparatively better shape, I am spending today experimenting with background techniques that can be applied to canvas underneath my Chinese folk art images. I'm afraid of getting burned out on one particular look so I want to see if I can follow the same basic steps and create a different but related feeling for other canvases. I also need to do some studies for an edition of three, 2 by 3-foot canvases. I'm donating one, gifting another, and showing the third. I think I have some sort of fever because that size is going to be absolutely monstrous considering I can't keep my arm above shoulder height for more than a few moments at a time. However, the image I'm working with just begs to big and when the art begs...well, how can I not listen?

1 comment:

  1. Your journal pages are adorable. They seem to be taking on a life of their own!

    That stitch sounds awful, hope it comes out without too many pokey things being used.

    Good luck with the painting, looking forward to seeing the results.

    Hugs,
    kari x
    http://inkytinker.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...