Monday, January 15, 2007

2007 Inch by Inch Continues

January 9th through the 15th

Well, two weeks into January '07 and I'm still committed to my resolution to create five, 1-inch squares of art (aka "Inchies") every day for the entire year. Yes, it has occurred to me that I just might be crazy. Yes, I have spent time trying to weasel my way out of a day's squares...it is going to be a long year, folks. But I did them anyway and that has to count for something. There were some tough days this week too.

On the 9th (first row), I did a huge load of laundry in the morning and hurt my back in the process. I proceeded to hobble around my studio for the rest of the day, preparing for an altered book class I was teaching that night. My son was sick with a fever and a bad cough...just an "anything that could go wrong" sort of day. I didn't get home from my class until about 9:30pm so five stars were all I could muster. On the 10th, I had an unenlightening visit to my neurologist regarding my migraines; hence, "Doctors study and probe the depths of my interior." I rebounded on January 11th with "your soul can travel far" accompanied by some divine angels painted by Giotto. We had another hard freeze in Northern California on the 12th and on the 13th, I was poking fun at my own project with "Be not little; Be bold." I continued the playful trend yesterday with some fanciful headgear in a set of squares I lovingly call "Old Dead White Men." Hmmm...there's Robert Frost...and oh, look! Our own Mr. Freud front and center...a little artistic wink goes out to my art partner, Ellen, who is a Jungian gal herself. (I actually did 15 in this series as I am in a swap, exchanging, of all things, 10 inchies.) Today, I simply tried to remind myself that I could draw on my squares as well (collage is so addicting!). And the project moves forward...

6 comments:

  1. interesting work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    These are fun. I love how they show off a little bit of your life.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love this idea and think you're going to look back with wonder at the end of the year! even your "simple" little stars are wonderful. hmmm...inchies. i may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, I so enjoy seeing your minature pieces they're such fun to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. www.inkytinker.typepad.com5:42 AM

    They are sooooo good, I do believe the nuon "Inchies" is going to stick!

    Just think, if you keep this up, by the end of the year you will have made 30' worth of art. A quilt size, imagine the comfort that would bring.

    Hugs,
    Kari x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will have a wonderful journal when you are all finished and be so thankful that you did it. And so far your inchies are great! You definately have a color style that is yours!
    Karla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...