Monday, November 27, 2006

Fly Free


Birds are a tremendously popular image nowadays; from nest to egg to tiny songbird or mischievous crow, birds have great appeal. They are beautiful in voice and body, adventurous and resilient, silly and serious. Of course, I am particularly attracted to birds in hats. After all, everyone knows that the perfect hat is an essential addition to a smart-looking wardrobe.

This a tag I created for a tag swap. The little bird stamp is from Kodomo Inc and I just love it! Just a simple bit of art to grace today's blog entry...I'm crazy busy with art teaching tonight, tomorrow and next week so not much time for chit-chat or "free play" art. However, after next Monday, I'll be free to fly off on my own tangents! Can't wait! My journal is calling!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:24 AM

    Michelle your tag is both beautiful and whimsical, I so love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fabulous - birds are wonderful symbols as you say, for many things. I think the Jungian thinking is they represent the self or so I have been told and I use them in my art with that in mind.

    The quotes are brilliant and I love the studio challenge - wish I wasn't at work and could have a play!

    hugs,
    Kari x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle...so glad to find your blog site with your pictorial musings. Perfect! I find that sometimes the imagery that fills your minds eye in the most improbable places comes to fruition without permission, and you end up with that wonderment of "Did I do that"?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...