Monday, November 20, 2006

Be Rare


This is an art journal entry I created today in a local coffeehouse. I go journaling "out on the town" with my dear friend, muse, and art partner, Ellen, every couple of weeks. It is a time of great conversation, excited sharing of our most recent art adventures and planning & scheming about future collaborations. I recommend that everyone try art journaling out in the world. It offers fantastic lessons in supply, space, and time limitations as well a new and different environment to inspire journal entries.

This is perhaps my favorite journal entry to date. I walked out the door this morning with a head, a background, and a color scheme in mind. She turned out just as I envisioned her. Don't 'cha love it when that happens? And even more delightful, I finally have a direction for a book I've been planning on a make-believe circus family. Yes! It only goes to show that inspiration will strike when it is meant to if you are patient and faithful to your original vision.

2 comments:

  1. Looooove this one, too! I really like your journaling style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking a moment to comment! If you would like a response to a specific question, you are welcome to email me directly at lostcoastpost@suddenlink.net

Thank you again for the time you've spent here. Most sincerely, Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...